Are you shocked by the price of your monthly bills? Are they starting to skyrocket? In this day and age, it is becoming increasingly difficult to pay for all your household bills.
Each month, they seem to get higher and higher.
Water heaters are the exact same. Water heaters are essential to maintaining your household.
Without one, you would not be able to shower, bathe, wash your dishes, cook, or wash your hands. These are basic necessities, meaning that it is crucial for you to own a good quality water heater.
The solution comes in the form of electric tankless water heaters. These tankless water heaters use significantly less energy than water heaters with tanks.
They are much more energy-efficient than other products. As a result, investing in one will save you a lot of money on your bills. Tankless water heaters also tend to last longer, making them more cost-effective.
This also means that you will not have to deal with the stress of having to replace them regularly. Often, these tankless water heaters take up less space than those that have tanks.
Furthermore, they are very quick to give you hot water. To help you find the right electric tankless water heater, we have evaluated several different models below.
Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Reviews
This amazing water heater may well be the answer to your energy problems.
Highly reviewed, this product is popular for a reason. You will not have to fear running out of hot water again as long as you have this Stiebel Eltron product.
- Unlimited hot water – Stiebel Eltron’s heater will continuously provide hot water for you.
- Digital temperature display – this digital display will give you accurate temperature readings.
- Flow control – this exclusive property controls the temperature of the water, ensuring that you always get hot water. Never again will you have to worry about having a cold bath or shower.
- Small design – the sleek product is made to cause as little disturbance to your space as possible. With a neutral design, it will fit seamlessly into your home.
- Noiseless – this water heater is created to be silent. As a result, it will not distract you as you are trying to relax at home.
- Price – this product is at the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to the price of water heaters. This item should be reserved for those who are willing to spend a little bit more on their water heating solutions. If you have more of a limited budget, perhaps you should check out some of the other suggestions.
The electric tankless water heater from Bosch is an effective method of getting instant hot water to one or more sinks.
Encased in a stylish white housing, this water heater is durable and aesthetically pleasing. Not only this, but it is energy and cost-effective.
- Measurements of 6.6″ x 12.8″ x 2.9″ – designed to be lightweight and compact, this water heater takes up very little room. You don’t have to be concerned about sacrificing lots of space to make your home more energy efficient when you purchase this item.
- Easy to mount – don’t want to waste time and effort installing a water heater? Fortunately, this Bosch product is made to be straightforward to install. It can be fitted in a 360-degree orientation, making it a very flexible option for different faucets. This water heater can be simply mounted underneath your counter.
- 98% thermal efficiency – this water heater is super-efficient, making it extremely cost-effective. This device also ensures that you do not have to worry about any standby energy loss.
- 0.3 GPM activation flow rate – this versatile product can be used with new and low-flowing faucets.
- Cannot be used outdoors – this product is not suitable for outdoor use. If you are searching for such a product, this one will not be for you.
- Is best for only one or two sinks – if you are looking for a tankless water heater that can be used for lots of sinks, this might not be the product for you. Though it is designed to be used for one or more sinks, it will likely be less effective for a few different faucets.
Like other water heaters, this Rheem product ensures that you have hot running water.
Unlike other examples on the market, this tankless water heater is made to be really robust and durable.
Its additional features include a stylish design and a digital control panel that allows you to oversee your heater.
- Digital control – this accurate LED display allows you to check the temperature of your water, giving you peace of mind that your heater is successfully working.
- Durable – featuring two copper immersion heating elements and a brass top, this heater is built to be long-lasting and robust.
- 99.8% energy efficient – if it is important to you that your water heater is fully energy efficient, you cannot do much better than this product.
- Self-modulation – constructed to alter the demand, this water heater makes certain that all your faucets are getting equally hot water.
- Quite large – bigger than many of its rivals, this water heater might not be optimal for those with limited space. Measuring at 18.25 x 3.5 x 14.5 inches, this is still not a lot of space to sacrifice. Yet, if you are looking for a small electric tankless water heater, this may not be the one for you.
Another great option for a water heater, this RINKMO device is crafted to efficiently deliver hot water. By heating only the water that is needed, this product can save plenty of money.
The unit is made to be efficient and intelligent, helping it to provide a high-quality service to your home.
- Suitcase-sized – produced to fit into small and discrete spaces, this product will not take up a lot of room. Nor will it detract from your house, since it is designed to be small enough not to draw attention.
- Saves up to 50% of energy costs – like all tankless water heaters, it will help you to save a lot of money on your energy bills.
- Efficiency – without the limitations of a tank, this tankless water heater can provide as much hot water as your lifestyle needs.
- Intelligent – capable of telling the difference between the current temperature of the water and the temperature you want, this device will work to provide your desired temperature.
- Might not save as much as other products – some water heaters, such as the one below, can save you even more money on your energy bills. Despite this, RINKMO remains a product that can nonetheless save you a lot of money on your energy bills.
Last but not least, this dependable tankless water heater is designed to be used in homes and businesses. It will help you to reduce your water and energy usage, saving you money.
Created by a company that aims to improve your lifestyle, this device is made to be easy to use and install. Likewise, it will also be sturdy, meaning you will not have to constantly bother with replacing it.
- Up to 60% savings – this device boasts the ability to be able to save you up to 60% of your water heating bills, thanks in part to its self-modulation.
- 1.8 to 4.3 gallons per minute – depending on the temperature of the water, this heater is capable of generating lots of hot water for you. Thus, it can be relied on to provide soothing showers.
- Self-Modulating – don’t want to have to spend time worrying about your water heater? Thankfully, this advanced technology is designed to modulate water temperatures. Consequently, it will only ever use the amount of energy it requires to heat your water.
- Wall-mounted design – crafted to take up as little space as possible, the Ecosmart water heater can easily be installed on a wall. This saves floor space, giving you increased room in your house.
- It may not be suitable for bigger homes – while it is built to be used in both homes and businesses, the output of this device means that it may not be the best option for usage in larger homes.
Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Buying Guide
Now that you have read through this list of product recommendations, you might assume that you are ready to begin shopping for an electric tankless water heater.
Unfortunately, buying one is more complicated than it originally seems. There are many aspects that you have to take into account when purchasing an electric tankless water heater.
Fortunately for you, we have highlighted and explained many of the essential factors that you should think about before buying a product. We advise you to seriously consider the below before you start shopping.
As with many products, the price range of electric tankless water heaters can vary. In truth, the range for these products is more drastic than a lot of other products.
Depending on factors such as the quality and the brand, water heaters tend to range from between $150 to $650. However, some brands offer tankless water heaters that cost as much as $1,000.
Before you start your shopping, it is important to think about how much you want to spend on your tankless water heater. If you are shopping with a narrow budget, it is essential to set yourself a price limit so that you will not spend too much money.
The cost of a product does not always guarantee that it is high-quality, so it is worth investigating the product’s reviews before investing in a water heater.
Since one of the key purposes of acquiring a water heater is to save yourself money on your bills, it is also a good idea to calculate whether your water heater will save you money.
Though it should save you money, it is still worth double-checking.
Most tankless water heaters are designed to be small and compact, meaning they will not take loads of space to install. This is great because it means you will not need to give up loads of necessary space in your home.
Of course, some water heaters are larger than others and will take up more of your space.
If you have very limited room, it might be a good idea to find a tankless water heater that takes up very little space.
The size of the heater is only part of the problem. You will also have to contemplate where you will install it. To elaborate, some heaters can be installed on walls, meaning they take up very little floor space.
This is one of the main advantages of tankless water heaters.
Despite this, some tankless heaters will still require floor space. If you do not have much floor space, we recommend considering one that can be installed on your wall.
Aside from saving you money, the other main purpose of an electric tankless water heater is to be energy efficient.
If this is a big concern for you, then you should research just how energy efficient an item is before you pay for it.
It should say how energy efficient a heater is in its product description. If it does not give you any of this information, it might be best to avoid these products.
Ease Of installation
Want an electric tankless water heater that is easy to install? Don’t we all! If you have a hectic lifestyle, the last thing you want to do is spend your precious time and energy having to install a water heater.
To ensure that this does not happen, consider the ease with which a product can be installed.
If it seems as though it will be difficult to install, perhaps you should steer clear of this product. This is particularly important if you are not very good at DIY or are not very tech-savvy.
Not only that, but electric tankless water heaters also need to be able to connect to a source of electricity. If your home does not have such a space available, you will be unable to install a heater.
Therefore, it is of great importance to look into this, both in terms of seeing what a product requires to be installed and whether your home has the capacity for an electric heater.
While some water heaters are capable of automatically adjusting their water temperatures and outputs, some do not.
This can make life much easier for you since it will ensure that all your water sources are getting the same amount of hot water.
If this is an essential feature to you, then it is worth finding a heater with self-modulation capabilities.
Like other technological devices, water heaters will come with additional features.
Depending on the brand, there are a variety of different features that can be found in tankless water heaters.
For example, many come with digital displays that give you accurate temperature readings.
If these sorts of features are essential to you, then you should make sure that any product you buy contains them. If you are browsing for a more basic water heater, you do not need to be concerned about its potential extra features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will My House Be Able To Take An Electric Tankless Water Heater?
Sadly, some homes will not be able to handle an electric water heater, as their electrical system might not have enough space.
Electric water heaters will require open slots in your circuit breaker. If you do not have these slots, it is unlikely that your home will be able to support an electric water heater.
What Are The Electrical Requirements For An Electric Water Heater?
As mentioned above, there are certain electrical requirements that will mean not all homes are eligible for tankless water heaters. They tend to need at least 120 amps, which not every household will be able to provide.
If you are intent on buying a tankless water heater, you may have to improve your electrical system. Unfortunately, this could be quite costly.
On the other hand, the strengths of the tankless water heater mean that it may be worth this cost, especially if it can save you money in the long run.
What Disadvantages Are There To Using Electric Tankless Water Heaters?
For the most part, the advantages of owning an electric tankless water heater outweigh the disadvantages. However, it is important not to overlook some of these disadvantages.
Unfortunately, if you experience a power outage you can be left without water.
In addition, water temperatures can become quite tumultuous when using multiple different outlets at once. To overcome this problem, some heaters are able to modulate the temperatures.
Ultimately, the cost and energy effectiveness, combined with their small designs, make the electric tankless water heaters a very reliable method of heating water.